Employment Counsellor - WorkBC
Employment Services – North Surrey (Guildford)
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
Pacific Community Resources Society is seeking an experienced Employment Specialist to support participants through case management services at the WorkBC centre. The role of the Employment Specialist is to assess employment needs, readiness, and eligibility for program interventions and financial supports. They will work collaboratively with participants to create a mutually agreed-upon action plan outlining the necessary steps to achieve their employment goals. The Employment Specialist is responsible for providing services from the initial assessment until an outcome is achieved. The Employment Specialist is responsible for understanding the services and eligibility requirements of the WorkBC policy to explore all service options available to participants on their caseload. This role allows for ongoing, in-depth employment coaching while monitoring participant progress.
The Employment Specialist will support participants face to face in the centre, as well as virtually online. No participant experience is the same, which opens the door for creative solutions to overcome employment barriers. As the WorkBC centre supports all people searching for work, it is imperative that the Employment Specialist demonstrates the ability to support a diverse population and takes the initiative to ensure a safe and inclusive environment for participants and staff.
This position requires working evenings and weekends based on operational needs.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Certification / Degree and experience in employment services or relevant field.
- Conduct comprehensive needs assessments and intake services that generate accurate information in order to create collaborative realistic action plans.
- Coach and mentor participants with complex needs.
- Experience working with youth
- Solid comprehension of career development and labour market needs and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and follow policy language.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
• Criminal record check, including the vulnerable sector.
• M.S. Office and overall computer proficiency, including data administration utilizing complex databases.
• Fluent in English
• Mental health first aid certification.
• De-Escalation/Non-Violent Intervention training.
• Occupational first aid – Level 1.
• Motivational interviewing techniques.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Employment Services Coordinator
Salary Range: $25.71/hour – $28.43/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: July 23, 2021, at 4:00 p.m.
Apply at: https://pcrs-external.scouterecruit.net/jobs/PCRS193
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”
Pacific Community Resources Society
201-2830 Grandview Hwy
Vancouver BC V5M 2C9