Universal Personnel, a division of The Universal Group, is urgently looking to hire a Carpenter.
Minimum 1-year related experience preferred!
We offer weekly pay (via eTransfer), health & dental benefits as well training for eligible employee after the probationary period.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Read and interpret blueprints and floor plans.
- Measure, cut, and install interior trim work including casing/window trim, cabinets, baseboards, crown molding, cap boards, chair rail, shoe/quarter round molding, etc.
- Work on new construction, remodels or additions to existing structures.
- Precisely measure, cut and assemble the framing lumber needed to build residential, commercial or industrial buildings.
- Frame interior walls or construct forms into which concrete is poured.
- Follow project instructions and provide assistance to contractors as required
- Deliver quality and professional workmanship 100% on time.
- Provide solutions in situations where challenges were known in advance or became apparent during the job.
- Manage projects in ways that exceed client expectations.
- Coordinated projects with home builders.
- PPE (Steel Toes/Hard Hat/Reflective Vest)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have own basic tools & toolbelt!
- Able to work independently and without supervision, completing necessary tasks
Nice to haves:
- Has own vehicle or reliable transportation
- Has Fall Protection, First Aid and/or WHMIS.
Please note: Much of this work is performed outdoors in all kinds of weather and you may often be required to travel between several job sites.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $26.00-$30.00 per hour
Universal Personnel, A Division of The Universal Group
1475 Prairie Ave
Port Coquitlam BC V3B 1T3
Number of positions
Call: We encourage you to call our office if your have any questions or need assistance with the online form! You can reach us at (604) 685-6666.
Come by our office: We have two office locations conveniently located in Port Coquitlam & Downtown Vancouver (Addresses listed below)
We are happy to assist you in office anytime from 9:30am-4:00pm, Monday - Friday. Office doors are normally locked, so please knock upon arrival and wait for someone to answer!
B105 - 1475 Prairie Ave, Port Coquitlam, V3B 1T3
235 E Georgia St, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1Z6